No brain power for a regular update, so here’s the bullet point, brain vomit version. Forgive me.
- I’ve already had three meetings at work regarding Passover. I can’t decide if it’s a good or bad thing that it’s so late in the semester this year.
- Although the economy is supposed to be improving, apparently the powers-that-be that control the purse strings here haven’t heard about it. The budget next year is hard to think about. In a way, it makes me glad to not be here next year. In another, I love my students too much to leave them in the lurch. We’re working on fixing things.
- I hate when things are totally out of your control, and no matter how well you’re doing, it’s too tough.
- I’m doing an ASB trip in about a month! We’re going to Miami!! I have an amazing group of twelve girls, and I think we’re going to have a blast. I hope to have time to write about it here.
- On February 4, we had Interfaith Shabbat at our Hillel. It was one of the most amazing things ever. I wish I could bottle those moments and keep them in my office when I’m having a bad day.
- I may or may not be covering my hair more regularly. It seems to be sticking, but I’m not sure about it. Not even sure totally what inspired it. I seem to be doing okay with it. I need to examine it more, but who the heck has time for that.
- The professor whose office is next to mine put up a sign “11 weeks, 1 day till summer vacation.” At least I know someone is looking forward to it more than I am – I hadn’t started counting yet.
- That’s not entirely true – I did know it was five weeks until spring break, and then another 6 weeks until the end of the semester….
- One day, I want to get back into writing regularly. I just went through and read our Passover posts from last year and they were great to read.